The Ivy League and Patriot League will welcome Staples soccer players next year.
James Hickok heads north to Dartmouth College, while Harry Birch goes south to Bucknell University.
They’re 2 of the 11 Wreckers who graduate next month. The list also includes:
- Noah Bender (University of Vermont)
- Ethan Bradeen (University of Connecticut)
- Jon Denowitz (University of Michigan)
- Joe Greenwald (University of Connecticut)
- Sam Koenig (College of William & Mary)
- Matt Liebergall (Northwestern University)
- Ryan Petersen (Pennsylvania State University)
- Greg Shikowitz (Marist College)
- Andrew Travers (College of Charleston)
“We are proud of, and excited for, all our graduates,” said head coach Dan Woog. “They’ve chosen schools that are great fits for each of them.”
A dozen former Wreckers will play college soccer next fall, including Colgate, Columbia, Navy, Notre Dame, Southern Connecticut, Trinity, Washington University and WPI.
Since the program’s founding in 1958, approximately 200 players have gone on to play in college. Dozens became captains; several played professionally.
Staples grads Mike Noonan ’79 (Clemson) and Ken Murphy ’76 (Connecticut College) are currently coaching at the college level.